In a cross-country Eldorado
In and around Bad Hofgastein, 45 kilometers of cross-country ski trails in total invite you to indulge your love for the sport.
Overview of Cross-Country Opportunities:
- Alpine Trail in Hohe Tauern National Park¬†in Sportgastein, on the valley floor at¬†1,600 meters above sea level. ¬†9.2 kilometers. For classic and “skating” technique. Reliable snow conditions from November to Easter.
- “Angertalloipe”: 1,200 to 1,280 meters above sea level. 6.5 kilometers in length. Classic and “skating”. Difficulty: somewhat challenging.
- “Achenloipe”,:¬† 860 meters above sea level, 4 kilometers long. Classic and “skating”. Difficulty: easy to moderate.
- Bad Hofgastein: Elev. 860 meters. 2 kilometers in total. Pleasant loop in the¬†Kurpark in the heart of town. Snowmaking capability. Difficulty: easy.
- Bad Gastein: Ski trail in B√∂ckstein elev. 1,100 m. 5.5 long. Classic and “skating”. Gently undulating terrain,