In a cross-country Eldorado
In and around Bad Hofgastein, 45 kilometers of cross-country ski trails in total invite you to indulge your love for the sport.
Overview of Cross-Country Opportunities:
- Alpine Trail in Hohe Tauern National Park in Sportgastein, on the valley floor at 1,600 meters above sea level. 9.2 kilometers. For classic and “skating” technique. Reliable snow conditions from November to Easter.
- “Angertalloipe”: 1,200 to 1,280 meters above sea level. 6.5 kilometers in length. Classic and “skating”. Difficulty: somewhat challenging.
- “Achenloipe”,: 860 meters above sea level, 4 kilometers long. Classic and “skating”. Difficulty: easy to moderate.
- Bad Hofgastein: Elev. 860 meters. 2 kilometers in total. Pleasant loop in the Kurpark in the heart of town. Snowmaking capability. Difficulty: easy.
- Bad Gastein: Ski trail in Böckstein elev. 1,100 m. 5.5 long. Classic and “skating”. Gently undulating terrain,